- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp mild chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with an inch of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until parboiled (should be about 6-7 minutes).
- Drain and cool.
- Using a box grater, finely shred potatoes.
- Using a clean dish towel or cheese cloth, drain potatoes completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano and chili; season with salt and pepper, to taste. The mixture should be workable but dry. Form potatoes into tots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat…or deep fryer if you have it. Just fill to a safe level (somewhere between minimum and maximum levels recommended by manufacturer)
- Oil should be 350 degrees
- Add tots to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately (you can toss them in some salt or pepper if you like).
- Dip liberally in tomato Dijon fusion sauce by Savvy Foods.