Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pork butt (go for one that's 4 ½ to 5 lbs). You can opt for boneless but if you have a doggo don't forget you can get a bone-in pork butt. The bones make great treats.
- 3 cups of Savvy Foods Bourbon Honey Mustard.
CROCK POT TIME! Dance a little, if you're as excited as we are.
Turn the pot on to high-ish.
Rub the meat with light brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and paprika.
Put the onions and garlic at the bottom of the slow cooker.
Lay the butt on top.
Pour in the chicken broth and Bourbon Honey Mustard
Put a lid on it.
Cook the meat until it is easily shreddable (we know that's not a word but it should be). Should be 5 to 6 hours.
Enjoy! We have it shown on a sandwich, with extra sauce (because that's how we roll) but there are nearly endless possibilities for your tasty pork consumption.