MA, THE MEATLOAF!
- 1 lb ground beef (we use an 80/20 mix)
- 1/2 lb mild ground sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 sweet onion, chopped and sautéed
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped and sautéed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup dried buttermilk biscuit breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs will do in a pinch, but spring for buttermilk)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, diced
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- ½ cup Savvy Foods Molé-inspired sauce
- And Now
- Preheat oven to 350.
Sauté the peppers, onion, and garlic in the 2 tbsp EVOO.
Combine them with everything else except the molé inspired sauce in a big ol’ bowl and mix up.
Place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan.
OR Form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13inch baking dish.
Pour the molé inspired sauce over the loaf of meat.
Bake at 350 for an hour (enjoy the smells during this period).
Feeling adventurous? Pour a little extra Savvy sauce on with about 15 minutes left in the hour.
Take out and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.