- 2 chicken quarters (you can substitute breasts for a higher yield, but the flavor from thighs/quarters is, frankly, better).
- 6 tbsp EVOO.
- 1 cup salsa of your choice.
- 1 bottle of Savvy Foods Carolina Molè Blend.
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced nice and thin-like.
- 1 tbsp sour cream.
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (because thyme is money).
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Dash of lemon pepper.
- Lime wedges.
- Soft tortillas (corn or flour - you choose).
Drizzle 3 tbsp EVOO in a saucepan and sear your chicken quarters over high heat for a minute per side after dusting them with the lemon pepper.
Throw the chicken in a crock pot.
Add 1 cup of salsa, 5 sprigs of thyme, and a 1/2 bottle of Molè Blend sauce.
Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
At some point during this lull, toss the cabbage in the tbsp of sour cream and add the 2 tsp of lemon juice.
Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it. Make sure you get the bones out. All of them.
Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot for 5 minutes of high heat.
Take the chicken out again, preserving just a bit of the juice.
Mix the chicken with 1/2 cup Molè Blend.
Heat a pan to high with 3 tbsp EVOO.
Fry the tortillas about 10 to 15 seconds per side (trust us this is better than just microwaving them).
You're good to go. Fork some tasty chicken onto a tortilla, top with the cabbage, and if you'd like, toss on some fresh cilantro and/or crumbly queso blanco (or similar salty cheese). Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!