Crock Pot BBQ
If you have a smoker we advise you to use it. That's just the best way to make BBQ. But, for those of us without an entire back yard devoted to food production, here's how to make absurdly good 'Q in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 2 medium sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pork butt (go for one that's 4 ½ to 5 lbs). You can opt for boneless but if you have a doggo don't forget you can get a bone-in pork butt. The bones make great treats.
- 3 cups of Toddy’s Blend Bourbon Honey Mustard.
Crock Pot Time!
- Turn the pot on to high-ish.
- Rub the meat with light brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, salt, and paprika.
- Put the onions and garlic at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lay the butt on top.
- Pour in the chicken broth and Toddy’s Blend.
- Put a lid on it.
- Cook the meat until it is easily shreddable (we know that's not a word but it should be). Should be 5 to 6 hours.