Coffee-Rubbed Pan-Seared Steak
- 1 tbsp Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp kosher salt (Give or take. How salty are you trying to be?)
- 2 16 oz boneless New York strip steaks (ideally about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Dixie's Blend Molé Inspired sauce
Time to Cook!
- Mix all the spices (except the salt) in a small bowl. Yum.
- Season steaks with salt and then coat with 5tsp spice rub per steak.
- Place on a wire rack set inside a rimmed baking sheet and chill uncovered 3-6 hours.
- Let steaks sit 1 hour to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook steaks 2 minutes or so on each side to create a nice crust.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook steaks until the thickest part registers 120 (that's medium rare, so get it hotter a bit for a more well done steak. But really, don't. Medium rare is so tasty). That usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1/2 inch strips and drizzle that Dixie's Blend over the strips.