- 2 chicken quarters (you can substitute breasts for a higher yield, but the flavor from thighs/quarters is, frankly, better).
- 6 tbsp EVOO.
- 1 cup salsa of your choice.
- 1 bottle of Savvy Foods Dixie's Blend.
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced nice and thin-like.
- 1 tbsp sour cream.
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (because thyme is money).
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Dash of lemon pepper.
- Lime wedges.
- Soft tortillas (corn or flour - you choose).
- Drizzle 3 tbsp EVOO in a saucepan and sear your chicken quarters over high heat for a minute per side after dusting them with the lemon pepper.
- Throw the chicken in a crock pot.
- Add 1 cup of salsa, 5 sprigs of thyme, and a 1/2 bottle of Dixie's Blend sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- At some point during this lull, toss the cabbage in the tbsp of sour cream and add the 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it. Make sure you get the bones out. All of them.
- Return the shredded chicken to the crock pot for 5 minutes of high heat.
- Take the chicken out again, preserving just a bit of the juice.
- Mix the chicken with 1/2 cup Dixie's Blend.
- Heat a pan to high with 3 tbsp EVOO.
- Fry the tortillas about 10 to 15 seconds per side (trust us this is better than just microwaving them).
You're good to go. Fork some tasty chicken onto a tortilla, top with the cabbage, and if you'd like, toss on some fresh cilantro and/or crumbly Parmesan (or similar salty cheese). Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!