Sautéed Peppers and Onions
(These guys are great for sandwiches, burgers, bratwurst, or rice and pasta dishes)
- 6 large sweet onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil (spring for some good oil)
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned (here's wikipedia on that subject)
- 2 yellow bell peppers, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Savvy's Blend Tomato Dijon Fusion
- 2 tbsp mid chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground peppers
Time to Cook!
- Cut the onions in half, then slice them into 1/8 inch thick half-rounds (this should yield about 10 cups of onions).
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté them for 15ish to 20ish minutes.
- Add the peppers, garlic, vinegar, Savvy's Blend, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes.
- Then throw them on a burger. Or a hot dog. Or anything, really.