Crock Pot Baby Back Ribs
- 3 lbs baby back ribs, trimmed (and with the membrane removed; it’s the film covering the underside of the ribs…we use a paper towel to help with grip)
- ½ cup water; you can substitute in veggie, chicken, or beef broth (or some mixture thereof) if you prefer.
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bottle of Savvy Foods tomato Dijon fusion sauce
- Season ribs with spices.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and toss them in the fridge for a couple hours.
- Pour water (or broth) into crockpot.
- Layer the ribs into crockpot, bone side down.
- Top the ribs with the fresh onion and garlic.
- Pour about half the bottle of tomato Dijon fusion sauce in the crockpot over the ribs.
- Cook either on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Transfer ribs to a baking sheet, removing the fresh onion and garlic.
- Coat ribs with the remaining tomato Dijon fusion sauce.
- Bake in oven until the sauce caramelizes and sticks on the ribs (10-15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes or so.